Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Crush on Delhi...

I preety much like this popular Book title Crush On Delhi ,these days. Well, I even mean it, I also 've a crush on delhi! Actually, NCR! I have my escapades here,everyday. But, time constraints are very much there.Still, I manage to make it to the most and enjoy the heat,zest for life, feel the passion of life, discover new dreams n desires and so much into it, that no trouble or interupption can stop the traveling endeavour..

Isn't it Wow!?! Well, I like /love traveling . I've been challenged by near and dear ones to travel alone but don't they know I can do it , in fact I do that quiet often! Its very sad to admit , but my ppl don't get excited for traveling or make plans that excite me for traveling and trust me that piss me off big time! I feel like running off to the Indus Civilization, at least there I can explore somemore things and later it'll be embossed, in golden words , in the history books! :P

Anyways, I jus pray the guy I marry is a traveling freak! Is Vasco-Da-Gama alive!? He will only come with me to voyages,of course with good amount of experince :) Yeah ,Vasco? :P

Coming to the topic of the day. On sat, I wanted to travel around and my Tauji n R.D can no bear my passion for traveling . They don't like it at all. And, when they don't like this , I don't like anything to like! Much-aA Chaos! It was sat and all , a weekend when every couple want to hang out and every single approaches for a date and every boss clears up with pending meeting of the week and every brother gives u excuses ,to make his weekend rosy with his gf. So, I was a lonely traveler.But, I did'nt turn back and go home.

I reached the bus stop at 10 Am and the first bus that I saw , I hopped into it. I thought , goign to metro will make my plan much better and give me good options to travel around. I
ve already had lot of C.P , which is the safest and kool place in Delhi one can go. I took a metro feeder bus to Yamuna Bank , near by metro station but I mistakenly got down at Shastri Park Metro , which is very far off and it near by JNU . It took me 1.5 hours to reach ad that day I was feeling ill.

I'd to visit JNU but there was no direct public transport service to reach there , I wud have to change buses 2-3 times. And, it was risky. I called khokho and told him about it , he hads no solution and asked to go back home. Totaly unacceptable opinion. Later, I called Kanika she's a gr8 pal in Delhi. We had plasn to meet but her classes were there,which are only on weekends , so she very kindly asked me to get back home safely and we will make plans this upcoming week. Going back home? I am not doing it. Have come so far, taking pains to enjoy my journey ,I thought. After 20 mins, I asked girl in the metro ticket counter to tell me route to Chandani Chowk.

I tell u what, every morning Dilli-6 title song comes and it excites me from top to bottom and I observed very keenly the red fort and chandni chowk area in the music video. I havn't seen the movie. But, in childhood , when I was 10 or 11 years we visited Red Fort and Chandni Chowk Street. I don't remember anything from that trip.So, it was a good idea to visit it again and alone to explore more of it.

Now, there's a catch .Station like Shastri Park,Yamuna Bank dosent have direct metro to Chandni Chowk Metro .So, one has to go till Kashmiri Gate and then again take a metro to Chandni Chowk. I did'nt quiet understood the concept initially but after going to Kashmiri gate 4 times in a day , I understood what a Yellow line is and what Red Line is!

I reached Kashmiri Gate, it was one station from Shastri Park Metro ,then took an underground metro from Kashmiri Gate to Chandani Chowk. On reaching Chandni Chowk , I saw a huge crowd using metro and its very useful for Delhi Junta-very kool and convenient to travel.But, at times yellow -red line sucks!

Chandni Chowk isn't a safe place, and u've to takecare of ur stuff and of urself very much. Anything is possible there. I met two ladies on the way who came with me , to do shopping from there. They had some marriage at home.But,we departed soon coz I was not in a mood of shopping from there. They guided me way to Red Fort ,Market and a famous Gurudwara,there.

I covered all three, very well and enjoyed it. Trust me Chandni Chowk is not a place for anyone who dosen't know to bargain. You will entire life laugh at urself for paying so much and not bargaining it! Its warning. I had my fun in Chandni Chowk but that was not enough to satisfy.So, I got back to C.C Metro and found the nearest place to roam about and Rohini came out to be the only option.

Rohini is East and West.Rohini West has better stuff to look upon. I was in the misconception I'll get direct metro to Rohini but yes I was wrong, again I will have to change metro from Kashmiri Gate. So, I took a full ticket to Rohini. Got down at Kashmiri Gate (K.G) and fastly boarded the Rohini Metro.

Met a school girl in the metro , who was returning hom after giving her medical entrance exam . Her name was Timsy- a greek princess. She was going to Rithala. I asked her about Rohini , what malls and all are there and she decalred it has nothing but apartments, it'll be best if I got to Rithala instead. I took a snap decision and decided but issue was my ticket .She even had a solution for this; if at all we reach a station less than our ticket price , we can refill it and take exit .It has no issue.

So, I had to pay Rs.3 extra and I got down at Rithala, we took a Riksha togther and Timsy dropped me to Metro Walk .On the other side it has got an amazing Adventure Park , but u need company for that and if u r traveling alone its like curse :( I missed khokho n frnds there .Wish they were there.

Metro Walk was boring it has same stuff and added thingie was there was no shade ,its like a street where u can walk! duh! But, if one goes in group of frnds or with family , its a treat. To me it wasn't. After spending 2-3 hours there I was hungary and went to Mc D .Had the regular junk and msgd khokho if he's free. I somehow was feeling very bad and wanted to meet bhai.But, he was not free and the conversation went cruel coz of my demand..

I took a metro to K.G again from Rithala.Then got the new shock of the day , there's no direct metro to Yamuna bank from K.G . To reach Yamuna bank , I will have to go Rajeev Chowk Metro . Trust me , it was stupid. I had no options ,I wanted to be safe and this was the convenient option I 'd.

I took a direct ticket to Yamuna Bank from K.G. Boarded a metro for Rajeev Chowk from K.G. Reached Rajeen Chowk. Inquired the platform no. for Yamuna Bank Metro. Boarded the Y.B Metro and finaly phew reached there.Thankfully, coming out I got the Metro Bus feeder to my home and I reached home.

This sounds a bit complicated but I am quiet proud of myself for experiencing this and understanding more about life, ppl and traveling. I enjoyed it. But, an emotional pain was there..crush in Delhi! Get the gap? :P

6 comments:

Akanchha Shrivastava said...

not badd! actually... tooooooo bad!!!!! madame the greaat traveler do njoy but at the same tym take care of urself too, u know what i mean right'o?? my dear sis[:)]
miss you

Vijeta said...

@ aki: hugs! i miss u too :( ar itna dukhi thi ki traveling seems best therapy anyways :P i m glad u liked my escapades , baby more to come ! ;) keep glued :)

loads of love
miss u....muaah!

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I love to read blogs like that. Just add more pics :)

Anonymous said...

How are you? your website is nice
Take a look at this funny emo song:
http://tinyurl.com/9tqcum